Santa Clarita Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys
Sex crimes charges can shatter people’s lives. In fact, even before a sex crime case goes to court – and regardless of how it ends up being resolved, allegations of sex offenses can damage people’s reputations, careers and relationships.
If the accused person is ultimately convicted of a sex crime, the impacts can be far more devastating, effecting people’s freedom and future (possibly for the rest of their lives).
At the Law Office of Gary Symonds, our Santa Clarita criminal defense lawyers are skilled at protecting the rights of the accused and fighting sex crimes charges. As fierce litigators with more than four decades of legal experience, our barristers are ready to help you:
- Figure out your best options for disputing sex crime charges
- Present yourself and your case in the best possible light
- Successfully navigate the criminal justice system
- Fight to bring your case to the best possible outcome.
The sooner you contact us about your case, the sooner we can start defending and protecting you. And that can be the key to mitigating and minimizing the possible impacts of sex crimes charges.
Fighting Sex Crimes Charges: How We Can Help You
Our Santa Clarita criminal defense attorneys have extensive experience representing and defending people against a range of sex crimes charges, including those involving:
- Misdemeanor sex crimes, such as (but not limited to):
- Indecent exposure
- Lewd conduct
- Prostitution or solicitation
- Failure to register as a sex offender (when the original offense was a misdemeanor)
- Felony sex crimes, such as (but not limited to):
- Lewd and lascivious acts
- Sexual assault
- Sexual battery
- Rape, including date rape, statutory rape, spousal rape and forcible rape
- Child sexual abuse
- Possession or distribution of child pornography
- Failure to register as a sex offender (when the original offense was a felony).
We represent both adults and juveniles charged with these (and other) sex offenses.
California Sex Crimes Charges & Cases: More Important Information
- The potential penalties – Being convicted of a sex offense can result in a range of possible penalties, depending on the nature and severity of the charge(s). In general, however, the various penalties that can be imposed for sex crimes cases include (but may not be limited to):
- Jail or prison time
- Expensive fines
- Community service
- Requirements to register as a sex offender
- Probation or parole.
- Effective defense strategies – There may be various ways to fight sex crime charges, based on the details, evidence and circumstances of a case. While an attorney can help you pinpoint the most viable defense arguments for your case (after reviewing the facts), in general, some effective ways to challenge sex crimes charges (and prosecutors’ evidence and allegations) can include by:
- Retesting any physical evidence
- Carefully examining the procedures police used to investigate the incident and collect evidence (to determine if the rights of the accused were violated or procedural mistakes have compromised the evidence)
- Scrutinizing witnesses’ statements, including statements made by the alleged victim (to determine if there are inaccuracies or false allegations being made).
Don’t Fight Sex Crime Charges Alone: Contact a Santa Clarita Sex Crime Lawyer at the Law Office of Gary Symonds
If you or a loved one has been accused of any sex offense, contact a Santa Clarita sex crime lawyer at the Law Office of Gary Symonds for helpful answers about your best defense options – and the strongest possible defense moving forward.
Our attorneys have the knowledge, skills, resources and relationships – including well-established relationships with local judges and prosecutors to – position your sex crimes case for the best possible resolution.
Call (661) 253-3700 or email us via the contact form on this page to start your defense case now. We welcome and respond to phone calls and emails 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And we provide free initial consultations (that are not restricted by any time limits) so you can get the essential information and advice you need to protect yourself as you proceed.
From offices based in Santa Clarita, we provide superior advocacy and the highest quality defense representation to clients throughout Northern Los Angeles and the state of California.