Santa Clarita Felony Defense Attorneys
Felony criminal charges are the most serious level of charges that the state of California can bring against someone. Because felony convictions often result in prison time – as well as other harsh and lasting penalties, it’s critical to have the help of skilled lawyer when it’s time to fight felony charges.
At the Law Office of Gary Symonds, our Santa Clarita lawyers have decades of experience defending people against various types of felony criminal charges. Dedicated to protecting the rights of the accused, our attorneys are ready to apply their experience, insight and resources to help you:
- Understand how the law applies to your case
- Identify and pursue your best defense options
- Successfully navigate the criminal justice system
- Fight to protect your reputation, freedom and future
- Bring your felony case to the best possible resolution.
Experienced Defense Representation for Felony Criminal Cases
Our Santa Clarita criminal defense lawyers are skilled at defending people against a wide range of felony charges, including (but not necessarily limited to) those involving allegations of:
- Drug offenses, such as drug distribution and trafficking
- Property crimes, like robbery, burglary and arson
- Sex offenses, such as sexual battery, forcible rape and failures to register as a sex offender
- Traffic offenses, like aggravated DUIs and felony hit-and-runs
- Violent crimes, such as homicide, aggravated assault and kidnapping
- White collar crimes, like fraud, embezzlement and identity theft
- Other crimes, such as weapons offenses and computer/Internet-related crimes.
Experienced at representing adults and juveniles in felony cases, our attorneys are also proficient at handling felony appeals cases, as well as probation violation cases (related to prior felony convictions).
California Felony Charges & Cases: More Important Information
- “Wobbler” crimes – Wobblers refer to offenses that can be charged as either misdemeanors or felonies, based on the facts of the case. Assault, domestic violence and hit-and-run charges are all examples of wobbler crimes. It’s crucial that people accused of wobbler offenses contact a lawyer as soon as possible because an experienced defense attorney can be integral to minimizing the severity and potential impacts of these charges.
- The possible penalties – Sentencing for felony convictions can involve a number of different penalties, depending on the severity of the offense, the criminal record of the defendant, and other factors. In general, however, potential penalties for felony convictions can include (but may not be limited to):
- Prison time
- Expensive fines
- Probation or parole
- Community service and/or treatment programs (like alcohol or drug treatment)
- Alternative sentencing, such as house arrest and work furlough.
- Felony defense strategies – The best defense strategies for a given felony case will depend on the specific charges filed, the evidence and facts of the case, and the criminal history of the accused. Generally, however, some effective ways to fight felony criminal charges can involve:
- Reviewing the police report to determine if police violated the accused person’s rights or made any mistakes while investigating the case
- Carefully scrutinizing the prosecutor’s evidence for inconsistencies, inaccuracies, misinterpretations, or false allegations
- Finding evidence and/or witnesses to back up the defense case
- Using expert witnesses (when helpful) to refute or discredit the prosecutor’s arguments and/or evidence.
Don’t Fight Felony Charges Alone: Contact a Santa Clarita Criminal Defense Lawyer at the Law Office of Gary Symonds
If you or someone you love has been charged any type of felony offense, don’t hesitate to contact a Santa Clarita criminal defense lawyer at the Law Office of Gary Symonds. Our attorneys are ready to help you get out of jail, present your case in the best possible light and work relentlessly to secure a favorable outcome.
Find out more about your best defense options – and how we can help you – by calling (661) 253-3700 or emailing us via the contact form on this page to set up a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We do not place any time limits on these consultations because we are serious about providing the accused important information about their rights and case.
From offices based in Santa Clarita, we provide exceptional advocacy and the highest quality defense representation to clients throughout Northern Los Angeles and the state of California.